Monday, April 18, 2005
Here it comes the frenzied garden fever. It is official I have made my first purchase for the garden season. OK I know we are still getting some light frost through the nights, but hey I do live in B.C.

Lunch break today consisted of browsing through the garden section at Walmart where I came upon a deal to good to pass up. Climbing roses for $6.17?? must be a mistake in the pricing department. That in mind I picked out a red climbing rose called Climbing Dublin Bay which promises fragrant large double flowers measuring 4-5 inches wide, then my eye strayed to yet another rose called the Climbing White Dawn that also offers a fragrent, very large flower. Oh my there goes my lunch money (I can go without lunch I need to lose 20lbs anyways).

These of course are going to look wonderful on either side of the 3rd trellis I purchased last summer on sale. Until this year I had no idea what I was going to do with this 3rd one. Ha now I do.

If all goes well I will have this very beautiful trellis covered in the very large fragrant roses which will lead up the side of my home into a drought restistant wildflower garden. Pictures will be available once I can figure out how to post them lol. There will be of course the before and after shots so everyone can track the process, or at least the ones who care.

Climbimg Dublin Bay

Climbing White Dawn

DSC00138
"May All Your Weeds Be Wildflowers"
Planted by crazygramma at 6:51 PM 2 comments
 
All original content copyright crazygramma.