Monday, May 23, 2005
The Lazy Gardenfreak
Ok I have just read two other blogs on gardening and I feel so lazy becuase I didn't get much done over the weekend. I cut my grass on Friday night in between the torrential rain storms. Saturday I put an extra day in at work and then went out Saturday night. Who can resist a turkey dinner invitation.

On Sunday I had great plans to go out and play in the gardens, however in between the necessary naps I did not get out there until around 4pm. A small overindulgence of beer Saturday night caused the need for the naps.

When I did finally get up and about I did all the trimming I needed to do and all my weed pulling.

What I did discover was all the roses bushes I have in the back yard have buds on them. The moonflowers look like they may actually grow,the hollyhock is looking very good and has grown about 3" since the rain started, the lilac bushes I put in the front yard are still alive. My clematis plants are climbing like crazy on the arbor though no signs of flowering yet, but they seem happy enough.

Today was a wash as I went shopping with my sister who is getting married in September for wedding decorations and stuff. I purchased a packet of baby breath seeds to plant around some of my roses in the back and a packet of nasturtium jewel mixed seeds that I am going to plant by an area along the back fence just because I am not sure what I want to do with it yet, so I hope this is a quick fix that will brighten that corner for this year. Yeah like I need more seeds! By the time I left her to come home it was pouring rain again. Well there is always tommorow after work.
"May All Your Weeds Be Wildflowers"
Planted by crazygramma at 7:32 PM 2 comments
 
All original content copyright crazygramma.