Sunday, May 01, 2005
Two Blogs in one day
Alright I started out to do the area under my new arch and it did get started however I was distracted by neighbor's who wanted to chat and check out the progress of my gardens in the backyard. Alhough it is an interruption of work in progress I can not say no, so off to the back we go where there was lots of ohhs and ahhs (even though not much is blooming yet) I think is was my discussion of future projects that got them going, plus this very heavy bloom laden lilac bush.

Lilac Bush

Or maybe the Saskatoon berry bush right beside it,


Saskatoon Berry Bush

Those big leafy things on the right of this bush is rhubarb and I have no idea where it came from or the berry bush for that matter.


Now at the risk of sounding like a braggart here are my Clematis plants that are just going wild.

Clematis Plants

They are not blooming however the little white bleeding heart in the foreground is.

And finally on the whimsical side of my garden is Ronny The Rambling Ram, this was given to me by a friend and was carved with a chainsaw, an art I find intriguing since I am afraid to even start one up. Must be a lumberjack thing. Also you can get a glimpse of the new bed I am working on. I can't remember the name of this bush but it has some really pretty reddish pink flowers, also I thought it would stay rather small but it does not look like it so I will move it in the fall where it can grow as big as it wants to. Funny thing about Ronny he never is in the same place twice, he has a tendency to ramble around thus his name.

Ronny the Rambling Ram


So you see this is why I did not finish the underneath part of the arch, I had three sets of different neighbor's come to take a look. Hmmmmmmmmm maybe I should hand out shovels.
"May All Your Weeds Be Wildflowers"
Planted by crazygramma at 6:54 PM 2 comments
 
All original content copyright crazygramma.