Thursday, July 28, 2005
Frantic weeding
I have spent the last two nights pulling weeds. What a job. Tonight I finished the weeding and did all the trim, leaving the cut grass laying on top of the lawn so I can mow tomorrow and mulch it all in. It only took me three years to figure out that if I do the trim before the mowing I don't have to rake. Duh! Anyways it already looks good so by the time I mow it will be good for the long weekend.

Added to my gardens in the back are solar lights which were on sale at Zellers, which is a Canadian version of K Mart, they were 4 for $19.00 a savings of $10.00 so I got 8. I like them however not enough to pay $29. for four. I went out last night to move my sprinker and they were all on which surprised me because the box said they had to be in the sun for eight hours. But what the heck they looked cool. I am going to go out in a few minutes and see if I can get a photo to post.

On my list of things to do this weekend is to cut the dead flowers off the daisy, cut back the sweet peas, do general deadheading. And after all that I will finish making the bows for my sisters wedding so that I can give them to her to look after.
"May All Your Weeds Be Wildflowers"
Planted by crazygramma at 9:07 PM 2 comments
 
All original content copyright crazygramma.