Sunday, July 17, 2005
Pictures and lilies
I went on a mission yesterday to find a Casa Blanca Lily. The nursery I went to has sold out of them however when I advised them what I was looking for she was great. I have come home with a very fragrant Kissproof which I can smell in the front yard from where it is planted, I did get a white Lilium Arena which is also fragrant but not as strong and another one Red Hot which is also fragrant. The best part is they were on sale for $5.99 each. I am going to go get more of the Kissproof and put one under the bedroom window which is also by my deck and a couple more by the front arch.



Kissproof


The white Arena is planted next to it and the red hot on the other side.

Also I have my first flower on the Nastrium.



I have all kinds of things that I would like to do today but it is so hot that I am going to go to the nursery and then go outside later in the day. I am on a roll I managed to clean up the area around the front arch and tonight I am going to transplant some marigolds and maybe some alyssum.

Here is a shot of my disgrace corner by my shed.




Later in the day
I am back from the nursery where I purchased four more lilies, three Kissproof and a Black Beauty, I am giving one of the Kissproof to my friend I know she will really enjoy it. Also I got two Alpine Asters one purple with a yellow center and the other is pink with a yellow center, these I planted in front of the three lilies and I will divide them at a later date once they take off, they are a little sad looking and such a bargain $2.00 each. Along with all these I got two Musk Mellow plants and put them in the ground one on each side of the front arch. Yesterday I purchased 12 white saliva for $2.00 and two other plants that were $.50 each and just marked annuals, these also were put in around the two rose bushes and 4 or 5 of the saliva along the front fence that I managed to get nailed together so it should not blow down again.

I am thrilled that I have finally started to work on this side of the house with a vengeance and now that perennials are all going on clearance I can scooped them up and plant them and fill in the areas as I go.

Here is a picture of how it is starting to look.




I know this is not a great photo but hopefully you can get an idea of what I am trying to do.

My Lambert Closse rose bush is unable to support it's blooms so I had to cut them all off this morning, however I do have a nice bouquet, I should of cut some baby's breath too now that I think of it.
"May All Your Weeds Be Wildflowers"
Planted by crazygramma at 2:37 PM 4 comments
 
All original content copyright crazygramma.