Wednesday, November 23, 2005
And So It Begins
Funny thing about the Christmas season I never feel like I need to do anything until the American Thanksgiving rolls around, then I realize how close Christmas is getting.

So yesterday I went to the grocery store and bought the makings for my Christmas goodies, and to the Dollar store for some Christmas cans. Once home I made two batches of peanut brittle, two batches of Poppy cock and a pan of Eatmore squares. This done I then filled seven cans with the goodies to give away to friends and family. By the time I have made enough for everyone on my list I will not be eating any because I am usually sick of looking at it. Great diet aid by the way. I will probably do about 6 more batches of peanut brittle and poppycock, and 3 of the squares. After that is done I will make 2 or 3 batches of Nuts and Bolts.

Some of the peanut brittle I make is traded with one of my girlfriends for shortbread, because I just can't seem to find a recipe that works for me, so this barter system is good.

There is a beef crockpot recipe on Family Food Favorites for Oldroses who is in search for a good one, you might like this one " Chinese Beef and Pea Pods"
"May All Your Weeds Be Wildflowers"
Planted by crazygramma at 4:51 PM 2 comments
 
All original content copyright crazygramma.