Thursday, November 03, 2005
Just in Time
I am so glad that I decided not procrastinate today when came to planting the bulbs. Outside I went with my planting plans firmly fixed in my head and all the bulbs. I finished planting every one of them in just under an hour, and I have the feeling that the cold gusting wind had something to do with it. It was so cold that I dug those holes fast, popped in a bulb and covered them back up. It's amazing how much faster one works when the weather is nippy. Also I don't know if I am that last person on earth to realize that the length of the blade on my little hand shovel is 6 inches, this little discovery took the guess work out of how deep I had dug, and of course sped up the process.

There was one major change in my planting scheme however, I did not put the Daffodils, Crocus, or Stardrifts in to the grass at the front of the house to naturalize them. Don't ask me how I could not remember the hardness of the dirt out in that area after having such a bad time planting the Lilac bushes. Anyways I just tucked them here and there in different beds. These were also the last to get planted so I was pretty cold by then and the rain had started.

The rest of the planting went very smoothly except for the huge rock I hit when planting one of the lilies. If this had been summer I would of dug it up because it has some great color to it, I dug around it instead. I might go back for it in the Spring hee hee.

So all this done I then came inside put some Turkey soup on the stove and had a hot shower. Now I just have to wait for Spring.
"May All Your Weeds Be Wildflowers"
Planted by crazygramma at 4:27 PM 3 comments
 
All original content copyright crazygramma.