Monday, January 23, 2006
Where did it go??
I can't believe it has been almost a full month since I have entered anything into my blog.

I took a little walk around my yard the other day and the things I discovered got me thinking about the work that awaits me in the Spring. Part of the trellis I put on the shed has come off, so it will need to be nailed back up. The arch I have in the back is on a tilt telling me that I will need to figure out a way to secure into the ground.

Here is a picture of what I am trying to do with the front arch ( minus the statues)from one of my garden magazines.



I have the two roses planted along with lavender in front and sage behind as well as some other plants I cannot remember. However like the arch in the back yard this one will need to be anchored somehow. In fact it is laying down in the back yard behind the house because it keeps blowing over. This will be the entrance into the side garden I am trying to get established.

So I am thinking I will try some quick set cement for both of these unless someone has a better idea.

The poor Lilac bushes I planted in that hard ground in the front of my house are also taking a beating. One was stepped on by the propane guy that came to take away the old tank, and a second one was stepped on this weekend. So much for the rocks out there to alert everyone that the bushes are planted. Maybe they will come back up, I'll check it out in the Spring.

And of course there is just the regular Spring cleanup that waits for all us.

Like everyone else it seems I am planning for the Spring already and we have not even gotten through January.


"May All Your Weeds Be Wildflowers"
Planted by crazygramma at 1:06 PM 1 comments
 
All original content copyright crazygramma.