Tuesday, July 04, 2006
Here I am
Here I am back from my camping trip. It was great and I do not believe we stopped eating or drinking the entire time. The weather was great and of course being up in the mountains and by a lake we escaped the searing heat here in town, I know it was at least 97f if not hotter.

These are the critters that kept the dogs amused and as you can see this dog was almost in the hole after the gopher.











J doing what all good campers do while the women folk rustle up dinner.










And of course what are camping trips without at least one picture of the fire?




Speaking of fires we have two forest fires going in the area and the air is heavy with the smell of burning wood. Here are a couple of pictures I took last night of the smoke against the setting sun.












Today I spent most of the day outside trying to get my yard under control, the grass is high and my lawn mower is broken so I was using the neighbor's mower which for some reason is very difficult to start but I did manage to start it and then half way through it ran out of gas and after filling it up it would not start again. So not discouraged I went and worked in the side gardens and got 97% of it weeded but had to stop around 4:30 as my hands would not work any more. I did get a nice area of it cleaned up and finally got some mulch down. Pictures tomorrow hopefully, I am going to go and rest my sore body on the couch and watch a movie.
"May All Your Weeds Be Wildflowers"
Planted by crazygramma at 8:18 PM 2 comments
 
All original content copyright crazygramma.