Tuesday, August 29, 2006
I'm Here! I'm Here!
Oh my it has been a long time since I have blogged, but I am here. It seems like I have been running non stop this month. I have been doing a lot of overtime at work as they are offering an additional $25.00 an hour top-up on time and a half, so being able to earn almost $40.00 an hour I am working my butt off. Everything seems to be neglected, my blog, housework, yardwork and personal life.

On August 12 I had a BBQ for J's birthday and what started out as a gathering of 18 people quickly turned into a party for 42. All was ok food wise until my friend who had said she would bring a lasanga could not make it. Into the freezer I went and with the help of my daughter and daughter-in-law we had a big piece of ham into the microwave,defrosted, sliced and heating up in the oven. With that many people the party had to go onto the lawn, so with the help of two very willing teenage boys the furniture was taken from the deck into the garden area.

My gardens in the back reacted with pride and did their best to impress my guests. On Saturday morning I went out to give the grass a quick mow only to discover that almost everything in all the gardens had decided to re-bloom, the rose bushes were bursting with a new show of roses. Don't you just love it when your garden is well behaved in front of your guests? On the vain side of me I was so happy when everyone oohed and aahed over the gardens. The gathering lasted until late and when the solar lights came on and we got candles going it all felt very mystical.

I for some reason did not take my camera out so there are no pictures. J's boss who is of Scot descent always gives J who is of Irish descent a ribbing about being a potato thief. Here is a picture of his birthday gift to J.




This is an Irishman's gourmet dinner. One case of beer, a sack of potatoes, and candles. Please ignore the ugly pink plastic tablecloth it was the only thing I could find to protect my dining room table in a hurry.




Good news I have almost completed the side garden and pictures will be posted soon. My neighbor gave me some fall plants for the garden and everything is starting to come together nicely. Here are a couple of pictures I took recently.



My $3.00 carpet rose from Walmart.






A finished area. Since I took this picture I have almost completed the other side.
"May All Your Weeds Be Wildflowers"
Planted by crazygramma at 6:57 AM 4 comments
 
All original content copyright crazygramma.