Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Labor Day Weekend Fun
I had a rare three day weekend so J and I decided to take in the Barriere Fall Fair & Rodeo on Saturday. I have never actually been to any kind of rodeo so I was all geared up. We first went to visit friends who live out there on 40 acres of farm and I took some pictures of some of the animals they have. The first one is their daughters horse.




A Nubian goat.


The Sheep

And of course what are farm pictures without chickens.



After a visit there we went on to the fair and watched the Chuck wagon races. The pictures do not really show the speed of the races but you can get a general idea. This is the first race and the driver of the yellow wagon was tossed out when the wheel broke and was out on the ground for a few minutes. I have to admit I did not see that part since I was so intent on snapping pictures. The horses all wound up continued the race without him.


To start the race they first have to do a figure eight.









For more pictures of the Rodeo see my next blog.
"May All Your Weeds Be Wildflowers"
Planted by crazygramma at 7:18 AM 1 comments
 
All original content copyright crazygramma.